• The project manufactures and distributes the market leading Burn Manufacturing ‘Jikokoa’ stove.
• The cookstoves are more efficient, leading to avoided forest degradation, lower emissions and better community health.
• The stoves reduce the amount of charcoal needed to cook a meal, resulting in CO2 savings of 4-5 tonnes per stove per year. With 600,000 cookstoves distributed so far, 2021 saw more than 1,200,000 tones of CO2e emissions avoided
• Made in Africa, the design has been recognised in the Ashden sustainability awards for empowering women with new economic opportunities
• The project is a fully certified, Gold standard programme.
The following Sustainable Development Goals are being pursued with this project: